Victoria Park Sprint
December 9th & 10th 2017
The Sprint element of the Adelaide Motorsport Festival Victoria Park Sprint is held over 2 DAYS and is open to open-wheelers, touring cars, sports & racing cars from the 1930s to current, with a focus on pre 1996 models. More modern vehicles of special interest may be eligible for various categories subject to committee approval.
The sprint itself will involve 14 cars on the track at any one time and shall be run in a super sprint format with cars racing against the clock. Competitors will receive four sessions of up to 20 minutes each throughout the weekend. With a focus on rare, classic and special interest vehicles, the entry process involves an application to compete via non-refundable expression of interest, followed by a selection process and then an invite to compete being released to the successful competitor.
- Expressions of interest ($40) open on May 1st each year via this website.
- Expressions of interest are examined in June
- Invitations to compete are extended in July
- Full payment to secure entry is required in August
ENTRY FEE is $595 plus a mandatory $200 fee for Marquee/Garaging and Souvenir Garage Placard. TOTAL $795
Vehicle selection criteria will be based on the following: Priority to new entrants, vehicle history, age, spirit of the event and diversity within the field. All entrants must hold a minimum level L2S licence.
The proposed categories for the Victoria Park Sprint are:
- Formula 1 (2 categories)
- 5 Litre Touring Cars
- Heritage Touring Cars
- Pre War Historic Race Cars
- Time Attack
- Ferrari Club Australia Challenge
- Historic Sports Sedans
- Improved Production
- Porsche through the Ages
- Formula Ford
- Supercar Sprint
- Sports Cars
- Historic Sport Sedans
- Pre 1990 Racing Motorbikes
- Special Interest
- Formula One - Both pre-Adelaide Era and Adelaide (1985-1995) era ( 2 categories) will be run
- Porsche Through The Ages - Porsche- any year and model
- Pre-War Historic Racecars - Any racecar - Hillclimb, Circuit or Speed Record Cars made pre or during WW2
- Sports Cars - As described by CAMS Category 2 Sports Cars or similar
- Time Attack - Modified vehicles fitting the Time Attack Genre'.
- Supercar Sprint - Cars typically referenced as "Supercars" with minimal or no modifications.
- Special Interest - Exceptional vehicles of note typically requiring track time of a non-competitive nature.
- Improved Production - Improved Production Racing Association S.A
- Historic Sports Sedans - SCCSA - Historic Racing Register
- Ferrari Club Australia Challenge - Ferrari Club of SA
- Historic Touring Cars - Historic Touring Car Association of Australia
- 5 Litre Touring Cars - 5 Litre Touring Car Association
- Pre 1990 Racing Motorbikes - Historic Motorcycle Racing Register of SA
If you have previously entered the AMF and find your category is not running this year, you may find that new eligibility criteria for the Adelaide Rally ( due for release May ) most likely will provide a solution for you to take part in the Adelaide Rally/Adelaide Motorsport Festival which features a sprint on the Victoria Park Circuit amongst 24 other activities.
For entry enquiries email email@example.com
If you have any of the above mentioned vehicles but don't wish to compete in the event, be sure to check out the display component of the AMF - Price $30.00 p/day and includes a single day ticket. Click below to find out more.
Autosport is our official safety equipment and racewear partner for the Adelaide Motorsport festival.